Wednesday, October 10, 2012

Autumn Chopped Salad

  When I am eating a salad, I don't normally say things like "That is so good, I want more!" But I actually found a salad recipe where that saying came out of my mouth (and several others.) Not only was the salad overall very tasty, I also got to use the apples that I bought at the farmer's market and someone asked me for the recipe because she enjoyed it so much too!
   Here is the recipe...http://iowagirleats.com/2012/09/24/autumn-chopped-salad/. I made this for a group of people, so I doubled the recipe. I also skipped on the peanuts, but think that maybe walnuts would have been a better option if I were to use nuts. The dried cranberries I used came straight from my freezer. I had them leftover from a cookie recipe, so if you have any left over from this salad, stick them in your freezer to use at a later time. Also, who knew you could make crispy bacon in the microwave? I didn't, but I am glad I know now! Make sure you do rotate the bacon and flip it over, just like the recipe suggests.
   Enjoy! A fall recipe must :)


No comments:

Post a Comment