Sunday, January 13, 2013

Homemade Granola Bars!

I've always wanted to make homemade granola bars, but assumed that they would just be a lot of work to make, so I always avoided the idea. Then I came across a recipe to make pumpkin butterscotch granola bars and after making them, they weren't hard to make at all! And they turned out way better than any granola bar from the grocery store. They were soft and chewy, just the way I like them. I even froze some for later and once thawed out, they still had that soft and chewy texture.

The nice thing about making homemade granola and granola bars, is that you can make them however you want. You can add ingredients or take away ingredients based on your liking.

Here is the recipe that I used...http://www.heatherchristo.com/cooks/2012/10/11/pumpkin-butterscotch-granola-bars/. I used canola oil instead of vegetable oil and I skipped the almonds due to a nut allergy in the house. Next time I think I will add some ground flax seeds for an added healthy boost. I will definitely be making these again soon. Enjoy!


No comments:

Post a Comment