Monday, January 7, 2013

Toasted bread, ham, Dijon mustard, & melted cheese all in one bite!

I have already talked about one of my favorite sandwiches, the croque monsieur....ham, melted cheese, Dijon mustard.....you get the point as to why it's a fav of mine. Well I decided to make the croque madame, the same sandwich, but just open-faced.

Here's what you'll need....

4 slices of bread (I bought a loaf of crusty whole wheat bread and cut off slices)
Butter
Cooked ham (I used leftover thick cut ham from Christmas)
Dijon mustard
Grated Gruyere cheese (Swiss would work too)
Salt and Pepper

Serves 2

What you need to do....

Place the sliced bread under a broiler and toast one of the sides. Remove from the oven and butter the non-toasted side.

Place a slice of ham on each piece of bread, top with some mustard and cheese.

Put back in the oven and broil again until the cheese is melted. Top with salt and pepper.

That's it and it tastes so good! Enjoy!


No comments:

Post a Comment