Monday, February 25, 2013

My All Time Favorite Sugar Cookie Recipe

A good sugar cookie recipe is a must in my life and it took me quite awhile to find the perfect one. But I found it and that's all that matters now.  My search for the perfect sugar cookie is now over...yeah! 

I made these cookies for Christmas and again for Valentine's Day. I told myself that I was making these cookies for my husband's V-day gift, but who am I kidding....I really wanted them! I did share though :) Obviously these can be made anytime of the year and not just for holidays.

Not only are these cookies the best, they are easy and have a short ingredient list.

*You need to chill the dough for at least 4 hours before baking*
 
Ingredients:
1 cup unsalted butter (2 sticks) - room temperature
2/3 cup sugar
1 egg
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1/2 teaspoon salt (I like to use Kosher salt - you can taste it more and it gives me that sweet and salty satisfaction that I really enjoy)
2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour

What you need to do....
  1. In a medium-sized bowl, cream the butter and sugar until light and fluffy.
  2. Mix in the egg.
  3. Mix in the vanilla, salt, and flour until well-combined.
  4. Cover and chill the dough for about four hours (I have froze the dough before too)
  5. Preheat oven to 350 F. 
  6. Roll out the cold dough on a lightly floured counter to about 1/4" thick (no need to break out your ruler) and cut with cookie cutters.
  7. Transfer cookies to cookie sheets lined with parchment paper
  8. Bake 8-10 minutes or until the edges just start to brown.
I believe that sugar cookies should be topped with a vanilla glaze. Not necessary, but for me it is. You can find the glaze recipe here ...http://bakedbree.com/sugar-cookie-glaze. I use vanilla extract instead of almond and I like my glaze a little thicker so I only added about 1/2 tablespoon of water.

 SO good, Enjoy! Now I just need to find the perfect chocolate chip cookie recipe....


No comments:

Post a Comment