Monday, November 12, 2012

My Go-To Lunch: Shrimp Pasta

   I love eating shrimp AND it is fat free!! Justin doesn't like eating shrimp (weird, I know), so I eat it a lot for lunch. One of my go to lunch ideas is shrimp pasta. I don't even know if you can call this a recipe since you basically just throw a few of ingredients together and it is VERY easy.
  Some tips to think about while making this dish...  
  • I like to buy frozen shrimp (but fresh is even better) so I can buy it in bulk. Defrost it by putting it in a strainer/colander and run cold water on it for a little while.
  • Grey shrimp is raw and pink shrimp is cooked.
  • You can make extra, put it in separate containers, and reheat for the week. 
   I actually bought cooked shrimp, so when making my lunch I really was just reheating the shrimp and not cooking it, so it doesn't take too long. Overcooked shrimp can taste chewy and tough.

   While defrosting the shrimp, I put olive oil in a pan with some crushed garlic until the garlic is a little more golden in color. Garlic can burn easily, so make sure you watch it and have the heat only on medium. I also add crushed red pepper flakes for a little kick. Then add the shrimp to heat it up for about a minute. That is it! I put the shrimp and oil over cooked pasta, add a little more olive oil, salt, and pepper. YUM! Now I want to make this for lunch today :) Enjoy!

Shrimp Pasta

No comments:

Post a Comment