Monday, November 5, 2012

Roasted Tomato Caprese Panzanella Salad...I could eat this every day!

   Tomorrow is Election day!! I am not looking forward to the long lines and thinking about making dinner afterwards doesn't seem that appealing either! With keeping this in mind, I looked back at some of my past recipes that I have made and came across this one...http://www.howsweeteats.com/2012/06/roasted-tomato-caprese-panzanella/. One of the best recipes yet! Who doesn't love caprese salads? Tomatoes, basil, fresh mozzarella cheese, balsamic vinegar, olive oil, salt, and pepper. The combination of those ingredients are delightful!
   This roasted tomato caprese panzanella is a twist on the traditional caprese salad. Roasting the tomatoes makes them so juicy and delicious. Adding the toasted bread gives it a little crunch. And if you haven't tried balsamic glaze (a thicker version of balsamic vinegar) now is the time! Typically caprese salads are a summer dish, but I think tomatoes are still good this time of year. I also forgot to buy the basil, so I skipped that ingredient, and it was just as good.
   I could probably eat this salad every day! Enjoy!!

Roasted Tomato Caprese Panzanella Salad

No comments:

Post a Comment