Tuesday, September 11, 2012

My Birthday Dinner

I, like I think most people, prefer not to make dinner for my birthday, so I decided to go to Graze. It is located downtown right across from the Capitol. At Graze they have great comfort food made from local fresh ingredients....nothing unnatural here! 

We started out with a soft pretzel covered in sea salt with house mustards & Widmer's cheese spread (I could have eaten the cheese spread just by itself!) & a fresh artisan bread basket with homemade butters. I then figured some vegetables would be good, so I ordered the mixed greens salad with champagne vinaigrette and SarVecchio cheese (a WI cheese of course.)

For our meals, we both got the mac and cheese with Hook’s 10-year cheddar & herbed breadcrumbs. Justin added pork to his. Hook's cheddar is one of my favorite cheeses so it was a given that I needed to eat this mac and cheese for dinner!

We then ordered the dark chocolate cake with chocolate cream cheese frosting and caramel sauce for dessert. Thanks to my "overload of carbs" meal, I was too full to eat the cake, so we had to eat it later at home. Nothing wrong with that! 

One of the best birthday dinners yet!





Bread Basket & Pretzel

Our Mac and Cheeses



No comments:

Post a Comment