Sunday, September 30, 2012

French Bread Pizzas

   We all love pizza right? I know I do! Sometimes we don't have time (or want) to make pizza dough, so I like going the route of using french bread. French bread pizzas are so easy and give pizza that crispy crust. Here is the recipe that I used with a few tweaks.....http://www.howsweeteats.com/2010/11/homemade-french-bread-pizzas/
   After baking the french bread for the first time I did these steps....
  • I put crushed garlic and olive oil in a bowl and brushed that on the pizza.
  • Next I added the pizza sauce, I really like Muir Glen Organic....you wont need to whole can.
  • Top with shredded mozzarella cheese, turkey pepperoni, mushrooms, parmesan cheese, and crushed red pepper flakes.
  • Bake & Broil in the oven like the recipe suggested.  
  Good news is that I have left over french bread (I bought a two pack), sauce, cheese, and pepperoni. Even better news is that I can put all of these ingredients in the freezer and save for another time. I never knew you could freeze cheese until I read about it on Pinterest. Now I do it all of the time, just make sure it is shredded! You do not need to defrost any of these ingredients, except of the sauce. Also, when buying produce a lot of time you can buy them in bulk. I was able to pick out 5 mushrooms for myself (Justin wont eat them) for only 90 cents!
   A great game day meal, I am making it again tonight!

Mushroom & Pepperoni Pizza

No comments:

Post a Comment