Tuesday, September 18, 2012

Salted Brown Butter Rice Krispie Treats

I definitely consider myself a chocolate lover, but during my pregnancy not only do I still love chocolate, but now also any sort of salted caramel treat! I recently cooked dinner at the Ronald McDonald House, which I recommend doing if you ever get a chance, and we made Salted Brown Butter Rice Krispie Treats. Since I didn't get to try one there (torture), I figured I "needed" to make them at home. YUM is all I have to say!

I consider this recipe just an updated twist on the already delicious rice krispie treat. Brown butter is really just browning of butter in a pan making it more caramelized and nutty...don't leave it unattended since it can burn easily. You also add sea salt (I added just a little bit more than the recipe suggested), which made my craving of sweet and salty satisfied!

Enjoy, they wont last long! Here is the recipe, http://smittenkitchen.com/blog/2009/11/salted-brown-butter-crispy-treats/

Browned Butter & Marshmallows

Salted Brown Butter Rice Krispie Treats

No comments:

Post a Comment