Monday, September 10, 2012

Two of My Favorite Places to Eat

I have to admit, Justin and I eat out way more than we should! We have a lot of favorite restaurants and here are two that we visited this past weekend...

Francesca’s al Lago

An Italian restaurant located in downtown Madison right near the Capitol. Their menu changes about every three weeks, but your favorite dish always seems to return. Who doesn't love a large bowl of pasta? I know I do! The only thing I missed, was a glass of wine :)

I had Spaghetti al Funghetto, which was pasta with porcini and wild mushrooms, mascarpone cheese, white truffle oil, oregano, and brandy sauce. It was amazing!!

Justin had Gnoochi all Bavosa. Homemade potato flour dumplings with a tomato basil sauce, melted mozzarella, olive oil, and parmesan cheese.

Perks: Kid friendly (on Sundays they eat free) & you will ALWAYS have leftovers!

Spaghetti al Funghetto  
Gnocchi alla Bavosa

Maxie's Southern Comfort

Southern comfort food of all kinds. Located in Milwaukee right off the freeway before Miller Park. Think fried green tomatoes, slow cooked barbeque, homemade corn bread with orange honey butter...YUM!

Perks: Same as Francesca’s....kid friendly and leftovers are always there. Also, everyday from 4-6 they have half-priced fresh shucked oysters & clams, half-priced peel-n-eat shrimp, and fried green tomatoes!

We both devoured sandwiches. I had a vinegar based pulled pork sandwich topped with slaw. I hardly ever get pork, I am more of a chicken girl, but this sandwich was an exception! Justin had a grilled chicken sandwich smothered with their homemade bbq sauce. Messy sandwiches are always the best and these sure were messy! 


No comments:

Post a Comment